Dracut Special Education Parent Advisory Council
Meetings and events for the 16-17 school year are posted below:
All meetings are held at Dracut High School in room A109 from 7-9 pm unless otherwise noted.
For more information, please contact the SEPAC directly.
11/29/16: 'Essential Oils', an informational workshop.
1/24/17: Creating Trusts and Wills to support your child.
2/28/17: Applied Behavior Analysis, presented by the Pridestar Center.
3/21/17: 'Setting Limits and Descalating behavior', presented by Director of Student Services, Richard Whitehead.
4/29/17: Stay tuned for details.
5/23/17: Open fundraiser date
6/13/17; 'Orange Leaf' fundraise @ Orange Leaf, 1734 Lakeview Avenue, Dracut MA.
On Monday November 16th 2015, the following individuals were elected to roles on the SEPAC:
President: Danielle de Lacoste
Vice-President: Jenn Lynch
Secretary: Kristin Dingle
Public Relations: Wendy Ferraro
You may contact any of the council officers using the following e-mail address:
What is a Special Education Parent Advisory Council?
Massachusetts Special Education (SpEd) Regulations state that each school committee shall establish a Parent Advisory Council (PAC) on Special Education. A PAC is a formally organized group of individuals committed to the best possible services for children with special needs.
Who should join the Special Education PAC?
- Parents and/or guardians of children who receive any type of special education services or accommodations in school, such as an Individualized Education Program (IEP), a 504 accommodation, or out-of-district placement.
- Parents who think their child may have some learning issues or differences.
- Parents who would like to understand or have an interest in the Special Education process.
- Parents, educators, or any members of the community who want to learn more!
Why Get Involved?
- To network with other parents in the community.
- To share your own expertise and experiences with other parents.
- To learn about the services available for children with learning issues or differences.
- To learn to advocate for your child's needs more effectively.
- DPS Integrated Pre School Registration 2016-2017
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy and Grievance Procedures
- Dracut SpEd PAC
- Legal Information
- Notice of Non Discrimination
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Welcome Letter 2015